Whether it’s the cooler temperatures or the more frequent rainy days, it’s easy to get a little cabin fever this time of year. Fortunately, the Bellaport community of homes in Wilmington NC are perfectly situated for easy access to a variety of activities and attractions to keep the whole family from getting a little stir crazy when they’ve spent too much time at home. From bizarre to breathtaking, there’s something for everyone.
- Children’s Museum of Wilmington (9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday and 1-5 p.m. Sunday). Let the little ones burn off some energy, explore their creative sides, and learn something, all at the same time, with a visit to this entertaining museum full of interactive opportunities.
- North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher (9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily). If you’re feeling a little water-logged from the rain, then as the saying goes, if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em! Take a visit to the North Carolina Aquarium to take in some breathtaking views of sea life. They also feature special exhibits throughout the year, as well as activities ranging from yoga to Aquacamp. You’ll have plenty of hands-on opportunities, as well as fun and informative shows and displays.
- Cape Fear Museum of History and Science (9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, Friday and Saturday; 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Thursday until Sept. 6 and 1-5 p.m. Sunday) This is a fascinating museum for the whole family and a great way to encourage budding young scientists and historians. They have a variety of exhibits, including PlayTime!, an interactive opportunity for all ages to play with a variety of old and new toys and learn in the process. There are also exhibits on the history of cameras, the giant ground sloth, and much more. Plus, admission is free.
- Cameron Art Museum (10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday; 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Thursday) Visit the Cameron Art Museum to be inspired and impressed and don’t forget that they also offer art classes, and host a variety of events throughout the year, along with changing exhibits.
- The Museum of the Bizarre (11 a.m.-8 p.m. daily) This truly bizarre museum is a must-see and there’s sure to be something to impress or amaze just about any visitor. It contains some of the many unusual items collected by owner Justin LaNasa over the years and now he shares his collection with the public. From Alexander Hamilton’s hair to an authentic Van De Graaff generator, there’s a wealth of weird, wild and wacky. Plus, there’s even a Mirror Maze and a Laser Vault Challenge!
- Defy Gravity (9 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 9 a.m.-11 p.m. Friday-Saturday; and 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Sunday) Finally, if you and the kids need to burn off some energy, what better way than to defy gravity! This trampoline sports park will have you swinging from bars and ropes and bouncing through the 23,000-square-foot facility that has wall-to-wall steel-frame trampolines, including the world-famous Angled Wall Trampolines, an expansive Olympic Foam Pit, and one of the largest Trampoline Dodgeball cages in America.
These are just a few of the ways to get out and about without getting wet on a rainy day in Wilmington. Don’t forget all of the shopping, movie theaters, bowling alleys and more that are all within easy reach of the Bellaport community of homes in Wilmington NC. Taylor Brown, call or text 919.258-2700, TBrown@LevelNC.comTags: homes in wilmington nc, homes or sale wilmington nc, new homes wilmington nc
This post was written by Level Homes